The Technical Training and Development division is charged with the responsibility of providing the teaching and learning function of the Academy.
The division is headed by a Deputy Director, Mr. Abdalla Boto, currently serving on acting capacity. He holds experience of over 20 years working in different capacities initially as a trainer and later promoted to Training Officer in charge of Management and Administration training programmes in the former Bandari College under Kenya Ports Authority which is now the new Bandari Maritime Academy.
The Technical Training and Development division is charged with the responsibility of providing the academic function of the Academy together with its supporting functions.
The academic function includes the following core departments:
· Nautical Science
· Marine Engineering
· Port Operations and Logistics
· Maritime Upgrading Studies (including STCW Safety and Ancillary Training)
Other training programmes are also offered at the Academy which include the following:
· Management and Administration (Finance, Information Technology, General Management, and Security programmes)
· Technical (Civil, Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical, Solar technology)
The academic support functions include the following:
· Quality Assurance
· Admissions Guiding and Counselling
· Curriculum and Examinations
· Library & Resource Centre